Effective Ayurvedic Treatment
Lumbar back pain (LBP) is a prevalent situation that touches almost 80% of the male and female populace at some point in their lives and is the main reason for visits to the traumatologist. This discomfort focusing on the lower back range can vary in intensity and duration, from feeling a dull and constant pain to appearing a sudden and sharp sensation that can leave the person incapacitated.
Back pain can remain caused by a variety of problems with any part of the complex interconnected network of the spine: muscles, nerves, bones, tendons, or discs of the lumbar spine. It is an indication of an underlying condition or injury.
Table of Contents
The most common causes of LBP:
- Sprains: They explain the most acute back pain. They are caused by overstretching of the ligaments and strains and tears in the tendons or muscles.
- Disc degeneration is one of the most common causes and occurs when the intervertebral discs lose their cushioning capacity.
- Herniated or ruptured discs: It occurs when the discs remain compressed and project outwards, which causes significant discomfort and pain.
- Radiculopathy remains caused by compression, inflammation, and injury to the spinal nerve root. Pressure on the nerve root produces pain, numbness, or a tingling sensation that travels or radiates to other body areas that remain served by that nerve.
- Sciatica: It remains a kind of radiculopathy caused by compression of the sciatic nerve, the large nerve that runs inside the buttocks and extends down the back of the legs.
- Spondylolisthesis occurs when a vertebra in the worse spine slips out of place, pinching the nerves leading out of the spine.
- Traumatic injury: caused by the practice of sports, accidents, or falls that can injure the tendons, ligaments, or muscles.
- This narrowing of the spine puts pressure on the backbone cord and nerves. It can cause pain or impassiveness when walking and, over time, can lead to weakness and sensual loss in the legs.
- Skeletal irregularities- Such as scoliosis, a curvature of the spine that does not usually cause pain until middle age; lordosis, an unusually accentuated arch in the lower back; and other congenital anomalies.
- Other serious underlying factors, although relatively rare, could also be the causes of LBP. I mean:
- infections: These are not a common origin of back pain. However, conditions can cause pain when referring to the vertebrae, osteomyelitis, intervertebral discs, discitis, or the sacroiliac junctions that connect the lower spine to the pelvis sacroiliitis.
- Tumors: They are a relatively rare reason for back pain. Occasionally, the tumors begin in the back, but they often appear in this area as the evolution of cancer that has spread from elsewhere in the body.
- Cauda or Tail Syndrome: This is a severe but rare difficulty of a ruptured disc. It happens when disc material is pushed into the backbone canal and compresses the lumbar and sacral nerve root bundles, causing bladder and bowel control loss.
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysms:
- The large blood vessel that supplies blood to the abdomen, pelvis, and legs becomes excessively dilated.
- Kidney stones can cause piercing pain in the low back, usually on one side.
- Other conditions that predispose to back pain are:
- Inflammatory joint diseases such as arthritis, including osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis, and spondylitis, an inflammation of the vertebrae.
- Osteoporosis is a metabolic bone sickness characterized by a progressive decrease in bone density and assets, which can lead to painful breakages of the vertebrae.
- Endometriosis accumulation of uterine flesh in areas outside of it.
- Fibromyalgia is a chronic pain syndrome involving widespread muscle pain and fatigue.
Ayurvedic Treatment For Lumbar Back Pain Lbp
Acute low back pain often resolves in a short time. However, it remains treated with muscle relaxants or anti-inflammatories. The request for hot or cold compresses also helps with pain relief.
Chronic pain requires a thorough diagnosis to detect its root cause and thus be able to address it effectively. Patients, in this case, are preserved with a grouping of medications, physical therapy, and incorporating lifestyle changes. For example, physical therapy for chronic low back pain usually includes regular exercise to improve fitness and flexibility. In addition, tractions, epidural injections, or even specialist-recommended surgery can help relieve pain in more severe cases.
Ayurveda treatment to relieve LBP generally be contingent on whether the pain is acute or chronic. To prescribe the appropriate therapy, Ayurveda takes into account the three constitutional components or Dohas of the individual body, as well as folks of the world around us; each of them is composed of a different grouping of the five outstanding elements: ether, air, fire, water, and earth.
We must achieve the balance of Vata, which is composed of ether and air. For this reason, we will take exceptional care in:
1. Keep us warm.
One of the main assets of Vata dosha is cold. If we listen to our body, we want to be sheltered in our bed, comfortably when we feel sick. An important message of this image of comfort is the warmth factor. The heat is also functional in relieving pain.
2. Reduce the consumption of scorching spices.
Consuming scorching spices in food, such as red and green chili peppers and wasabi, can have a drying effect on the body. As dryness is another of the main qualities of the Vata dosha, if we increase the consumption of drying substances, constipation can occur and consequently lower back pain due to the stagnation of feces in our intestines.
3. Eat hot food.
According to the attitude that what we eat performances on the doshas, the consumption of cold foods and drinks causes an increase in Vata, which leads to pain. The cold makes constriction and congestion in the body. At the same time, the appropriate amount of heat provides the extension. It allows the channels ( rotates ) that support the body to remain open, favoring the optimal elimination of what our body does not need. Therefore, healthy bowel movements equal less pain.
4. Practice Padahastasana.
Padahastasana is an excellent yoga pose for lower back pain. It allows Vata to move optimally throughout the body, eliminating constriction of the channels that carry feces that cause constipation and back pain. Here you can also covid explosion on flight
5. Oil the body.
Back pain always intensifies through stressful periods of our lives. Ayurveda teaches how stress, overexertion, exhaustion, and tiredness increase the Vata dosha. Its accumulation leads to premature elderly, as well as causing pain in various parts of the body, especially in the lower back. The skin, the primary organ of Vata, can be compared to a leather bag. If this bag gets too dry, it will crack and break completely. The bag itself, however, when oiled, can hold its own. “Oiling” the body with hot sesame oil before taking a hot shower makes the skin healthy and strong, preventing age and reducing back pain.
Aside from Ayurveda Medication Treatments
Oil applications are often sufficient for muscle-related back pain. The most severe hurt that requires surgery also responds fine to Ayurvedic massages and therapies such as:
- Podikkizhi: massage based on the micronized powder of medicinal herbs
- Ilakkaizhi Kashaya Vasthi: enema based on medicinal
- Ksheeravasthi: enema
- Kativasthi – application of a mixture of medicated oils on the back
- Pizhichil: pouring medicinal oils all over the body
- Nhavarakkizhi – pouring medicated milk all over the body
It is very significant to know that all therapies and treatments -effective for relieving the symptoms that I have exposed, strengthening, and preventing back pain in the most severe cases- must always be arranged and supervised by experienced Ayurvedic doctors.
All Ayurveda treatments must remain carefully personalized since the oils or other products to stay used may vary according to the energy of the patient’s body. These treatments with anti-inflammatory and preventive properties of the degeneration of body tissues remain made from natural products from India mixed with different oils. They remain applied with the hands or other therapeutic supports, such as pandas or thread bags.
In the Allure Blog, We Discuss the Effective Ayurvedic Treatment for Back pain. There is Ayurvedic Treatment For Lumbar Back Pain Lbp and hope you find this article informative and helpful. We want to receive your feedback in the comments section.