two kinds of beauty
Beauty in Greek thought remained understood as an objective, logical and rational concept associated with the laws of nature. For man’s work to be considered beautiful, it had to respond to canons analogous to the eternal laws that regulate the behavior of nature.
Also read: African Women Entrepreneurs To Follow This International Women’s Day
What Is Beautiful In Art?
The beautiful is the main positive form of aesthetic assimilation of reality, the condition in which the aesthetic ideal remains directly expressed. The dialectical materialist aesthetic starts from the fact that beauty is the product of socio-historical practice.
What Is Beauty, According To Authors?
Several writers deal with this subject. Hutcheson, for example, distinguishes between two types of beauty: Absolute beauty, which remains perceived by the internal sense in objects in which there is uniformity in variety. Relative attractiveness: in which the individual enjoys the representation of an object.
What Is Natural Beauty In Philosophy?
First, natural beauty evokes the non-identity between society and nature. Natural beauty anchors in the fundamental to the conquest by a practical and oppressive social praxis. In Aesthetic Theory, then, the character appears as non-identical to society.
What Is Ugly And Beautiful In Art?
An anesthetic category characterizes the phenomena of reality, whose essence is opposed to the beautiful. The ugly finds its expression in man’s negative attitude towards these phenomena. Inauthentic art, an ugly presentation, is a peculiar form of affirming the ideal of the beautiful.
What Is The Concept Of Beauty?
Aesthetics is a part of philosophy that aims to study the essence and perception of beauty. Baumgarten defined aesthetics in 1750 as the science of [beauty] which remains added a study of the importance of art and its relations with beauty and other values.
What Do The Philosophers Of Beauty Think?
Plato equates [beauty] with truth and goodness without elevating it above them. In a dialogue of Hippias, the philosopher considered five definitions of the beautiful: the convenient, the useful, that which serves for good, that which gives pleasure to the eyes and ears, and the excellent utility.
What Is Natural Beauty Similar To?
The “natural beauty” trend suggests highlighting what we like about our face to look good without obtaining an ornate facade different from our nature. Try to apply this technique, and you will look cute and fresh, and your skin will not have to put up with so much unnecessary makeup.
What Is Beauty For Kant?
” Beauty is the form of the purpose of an object insofar as it remains perceived without the representation of an end” ( Kant, 1977, p. 114). The aesthetic judgment is an “end without end.” The object experienced from the aesthetic pleasure is free of any purpose, of any concept.
What Is Beauty For Plato And Aristotle?
Beauty is related to pleasure since its value lies in itself, unlike the useful, which decides the result. Aristotle affirms that [beauty] determines the dimension and the proportion. The idea of beauty conceives it as the appropriate dimension, as the right measure for each object.
What Questions Does Philosophical Aesthetics Ask Itself?
Typical aesthetic questions are: “What makes things beautiful?” “Are there aesthetic patterns?” or “What is the relationship between works of art and nature?”. We must distinguish between the philosophy of art and aesthetics.
What Is Art And Beauty For Kant?
Kant observes that the work of art is the realm of will and finality, a subjective aesthetic finality and not an organic objective one. Nevertheless, it can sometimes represent the perfection of the object, understanding perfection as unity within the variety.
Types Of Beauty
Although, There is no universal typology of [beauty], just as there is no strict concept to understand it. However, very scattered and varied classifications of the beautiful remain used informally. Which give rise to types such as the following:
- Natural [beauty] does not require accessories or cosmetic interventions but is the result of the very hand of nature. Therefore, it remains mainly used to refer to feminine [beauty].
- Cosmetic [beauty], contrary to natural [beauty], would be an “artificial” or “acquired” beauty since it is the result of cosmetic interventions whose purpose is to adapt a body to an established [beauty] pattern: makeup, clothing, surgery, plastic, etc
- Outer [beauty], perceptible by everyone and based on appearances, is traditionally considered a form of superficial beauty, that is, that at first sight suggests the [beauty] of an individual, but that can remain contradicted by their way of being or the purity of his feelings.
- Inner [beauty], contrary to the previous case, applies to the inner world of people, that is, to their deep [beauty] that remains only revealed to those who take the time to get to know it. A person who is not very beautiful on the outside may be beautiful on the inside, and vice versa.
- Exotic [beauty] comes from cultures other than its own or responds to foreign aesthetic canons but is recognizable. An exotic [beauty] can be a person from different latitudes, for example.
The Allure Blog,Beauty in Greek thought remained understood as an objective, logical and rational concept associated with the laws of nature. Also, what are Types Of Beauty?. here is no universal typology of [beauty], just as there is no strict concept to understand it.