You must know the properties of olive skin and, consequently, they become an ideal ally for your daily beauty ritual. And extra virgin olive oil is a delicacy that gives style to the table and nutritional elements for our body through its monounsaturated fats. These fats regulate cholesterol levels, and their antioxidant compounds benefit if applied as a beauty routine.
What are the Benefits of Olive Oil for your Skin?
With the use of this natural product, you will achieve that your skin acquires a hydrated and healthy appearance, in addition to the benefits that we highlight below:
Nourishes the Skin Perfectly
The moisturizing and nourishing properties of extra virgin olive oil for your skin, thanks to the content of vitamins A and E, give you a healthy appearance and make your skin feel soft, radiant and flexible.
As olive oil is a usual moisturizer, you can apply it in a thin layer directly on the skin after showering. As if it were a lotion or body cream.
Moisturizes Sensitive Skin
Our liquid gold is a powerful natural moisturizer, ideal for treating dry skin: with just one drop, you can adequately hydrate the driest areas of your body, including the face. If your skin is oily, its use is not recommend.
Prevents Skin Aging
When used as an antioxidant mask, EVOO will help balance free radicals, prevent their possible damage and restore the fresh appearance of the skin.
Thanks to its rich content of natural fatty acids and its contribution of vitamins E and K, the skin’s elasticity is preserved to look smooth, combating premature ageing.
Helps Repair Damaged Skin Tissues
EVOO has a unique capacity to recover damaged skin tissues. It allows its regeneration to be accelerated through its contribution of vitamins, and its use on superficial wounds and in healing processes is of great help.
Olive Oil to Take Care of your Skin
Olive oil is one of the most beneficial natural crops and has had a high nutritional value since its discovery 5,000 years ago. We know that it was commonly used in Egypt as a cosmetic and is still use in many Mediterranean countries as a usual medicine. The uses of olive oil are several, and it is so versatile that it is used internally and externally since olive oil is more similar in its chemical structure to the natural oil of the skin than any other oil of natural origin.
How to Use Olive Oil to Take Care of your Skin?
Very Dry Skin Hydration
Olive oil acts as a perfect moisturizer, especially for dry skin. It is used to moisturize arid skin areas such as elbows and knees. Olive oil is ideal for softening the skin and providing moisture, hydration and endless other benefits. Thanks to its oily properties, this oil repairs dry and rough skin damage.
Keeping the skin fresh and free of dead cells is crucial for it to be healthy and without imperfections. That is why we must exfoliate it without fail once a week, and what better way to do it than with olive oil so that it acts, leaving us all its benefits, at the same time as Cleans and removes blemishes. Mix 2 tablespoons of sugar and two tablespoons of olive oil, apply to the face with gentle massages and leave the mask on for 10 minutes. Then, remove it with warm water and soap.
After Waxing and Exposure to the Sun
You might have noticed that waxing, sun exposure and so on cause dry, dull skin that some creams fail to lighten. Exfoliating the skin on your prods and knees remains a rule you should always stick to, but if you add a touch of olive oil at the end of the exfoliation. You give an arid area a chance to look maximally smooth.
Natural Make-Up Remover
And of course, already on the subject, we can take advantage of this magnificent extra virgin olive oil when you remove make-up and wash your face at the end of the day. Nothing like using olive oil as a make-up remover. It cleanses and also nourishes, leaving the skin smooth and soft.
Use extra virgin olive oil to type homemade and 100% natural face masks
- Aloe vera and extra virgin olive oil: For this, you need the gel of an aloe vera leaf and two tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil. Place the aloe vera gel on a plate and mash with a fork. Add the extra virgin olive oil and stir well, apply to the face and leave for 25 minutes; remove this mask with cold water and soap.
- Yoghurt and extra virgin olive oil: Mix 2 tablespoons of natural yoghurt and a tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil, apply to the face massaging gently and leave for 20 minutes. Remove with warm water and soap.
- Coffee and extra virgin olive oil : Mix a tablespoon of coffee and a tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil , apply to the face massaging with gentle circular movements, leave on for 15 minutes and then remove with open water and soap.
- Egg and extra virgin olive oil : Mix the white of an egg and two tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil with the help of a fork. Apply all over the face and leave until the mask dries and then remove with warm water and soap.
Properties of Olive Oil for the Skin
Its benefits are a natural gift for daily care. These are the main benefits of olive oil on the skin:
- Repairer: provides the skin with a smoothing and toning effect, primarily due to its vital function of natural renewal. Providing smoothness and improving the appearance of the skin surface.
- Humectant: cosmetic olive oil helps prevent dryness, tightness or peeling since it retains water in the skin, preventing its evaporation and the resulting dehydration.
- Revitalizing: also relieves the sensation of irritation and helps to rejuvenate the skin, restoring the shine and smoothness lost by environmental factors.
- Antioxidant: containing polyphenols, whose action against free radicals helps fight against premature ageing, keeping the skin youthful and healthy for longer.
- Rejuvenating: in line with the previous one, its contribution of antioxidants, minerals and vitamins help protect the skin from external agents that accelerate ageing. Such as the sun, pollution, contamination or tobacco. But, in addition, it has multiple properties that help to have a fresh and rested appearance since vitamin E is capable of repairing the skin and renewing it. Reducing wrinkles and expression lines.
Without a doubt, olive oil is an excellent ally for our skin. In fact, at La Provençale BIO, we dedicate a central place to it in almost all the formulations of our products. Being suitable for all skin types, even sensitive ones. Thus, we love to talk about this magical ingredient, and if you want to read more. We do it in depth here.
BIO Products for an Effective Routine
At La Provençale BIO, we make our products from a demanding formulation and different highly effective. And quality natural ingredients present in the olive groves of Provence. Our commitment is to incorporate olive oil into ecological formulas certified by Ecocert. That contain 98 and 100% ingredients of natural origin.
Introducing olive oil into your daily beauty routine is the essential first step to flawless skin. Our care and cleaning routine includes only five steps for a radiant face:
Anti-Aging Micellar Water
Enriched with BIO olive foliage extract, rich in polyphenols, cleanses and tones the skin without drying it out. Gently removing impurities and traces of make-up from the face, eyes and lips. As a result, the skin looks smooth and ready to receive the rest of the daily care. For optimal results, apply morning and night using a cotton pad. Does not require rinsing.
Removes excess sebum and pore-clogging impurities without drying the skin. Made from white clay, volcanic rock and pure organic olive extract, it purifies and deeply cleanses the skin. Restoring lost luminosity. Its ritual is simple. It should be applied once or twice a week on clean skin, leaving it to act on the face for five to ten minute and then rinse thoroughly with water.
Anti-Ageing Day Cream
effectively combats wrinkles and smoothes expression lines. Increases hydration for firmer, younger and more elastic skin. Suitable for all skin kinds, even sensitive ones.
Anti-Ageing Night Cream
Acts at night, regenerating the skin and also, effectively combating wrinkles and expression lines. Its delicate floral aroma envelops the skin for a feeling of well-being and an actual moment of relaxation. In the morning, the face looks rested, and also, the skin is nourished, regenerated and toned. Day after day, the skin is radiant and firm. Perfectly nourished, the skin regains its comfort and elasticity.
Anti-Aging Night Serum Oil
Its formula combines organic olive oil with the action of three other vegetable oils: organic argan oil (rich in fatty acids to help uphold the skin’s barrier function). Prganic jojoba oil and also, camelina oil. Rich in omega 3, to help improve skin elasticity and also, radiance. Its regenerating action reduces the signs of fatigue to awakens the skin’s radiance. In addition, it penetrates quickly without leaving a greasy feeling.
Olive skin has very peculiar characteristics. For example, a tone and texture allow you to use colours that do not usually fit well with other skins. That’s why we say. Be proud of your skin! Because if you know how to combine it and how to take advantage of it. It can be your great aesthetically.
Also Read: To Patch Up And Try Beauty Products